Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2023, 08:49 AM  
Dirty Bit

**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****

Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:39 PM   #901
Supporter

I wished I owned a bar in EDM tonight. $$$
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:41 PM   #902
Starter

Oilers only had 10 shots on net. That is crazy considering the firepower they have
Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-02-2024, 08:42 PM   #903
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
I wished I owned a bar in EDM tonight. $$$
And I wish I was there
Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Tundra Scout is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 08:42 PM   #904
Would an idiot do that?

That was satisfying... DeBoer got DeBoer'd, and by the freakin' Oilers of all teams.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:06 AM   #905
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Yep I told ya'll it was a very bad sign for Dallas that the Oilers powerplay looked back to goat form in the last game and when that's the case it can disturb a team mentally. When my VGK faced them at their peak the key was dominating them 5 on 5 and staying out of the box as much as possible. We lost heavily the two games we didn't. But the longer the series went the more we shut it down and once we did that you could see the Oilers get deflated. This is gonna be crucial for Florida. You can't let that power play dictate the series at all.

As for Dallas LOL. I shake my head and shiver thinking about how we used to suffer like this under Deboar. His power play went close to twenty straight without scoring? Yep, I know that feeling very well. And we got to two conference finals in a row too only to come up short. He's literally the NHL version of Andy Reid before he got Pat. It's hilarious tbh. Our series against them they had the puck luck but we definitely took something out of them and so did the AVS. I'm happy the Oilers won and it's amazing when you think about how the season started for them.

The finals should be close. When we played Florida last finals they were dumb and kept trying to bully us which gave up a ton of penalties which we punished them with. So it will be very interesting to see how they approach this one as they are naturally a physical team.

Last edited by UChieffyBugger; 06-03-2024 at 08:40 AM..
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-03-2024, 07:41 AM   #906
Starter

This series should be starting Thursday not Saturday
Old 06-03-2024, 07:51 AM   #907
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Scout View Post
Oilers only had 10 shots on net. That is crazy considering the firepower they have
Probably because they were trying to not lose vs going all out. That was actually a pretty solid strategy.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 06-03-2024, 08:19 AM   #908
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post

The finals should be close. When we played Florida last finals they were dumb and kept trying to bully us which gave up a ton of penalties which we punished them with. So it will be very interesting to see how they approach this one as they are naturally a physical team.
They seemed to get over that after the Bruins series, but of course with Tkachuk and others, it's always there. Same for the Oilers, who have yet to completely implode under the weight of stupidity by Kane and Nurse... but who knows what happens when either team gets down a few goals.

Yeah, it's interesting because it's really tough to trust the Oilers to continue playing at this level and similar for the Panthers who have at least made the Finals... yet now, as opposed to playing against a team with a proven track record of playing a clean series where you trust their opponent to take care of business, they're playing each other.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2024, 08:24 AM   #909
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Scout View Post
This series should be starting Thursday not Saturday
Mavs/Celtics play Thursday and Sunday, so they're probably avoiding that, whether it was starting Thursday or starting Friday and then Sunday. And then they can also line up an extra day off for travel while the NBA plays the following Wednesday instead of going Sat/Mon/Wed.

Sucks for me since I probably won't be near a TV for games 6 or 7... I had done the playoff math a couple weeks ago and it looked like the series would be over just in time. I'd be mildly surprised if it doesn't go at least 6.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:16 AM   #910
Starter

Florida has better goaltending and D. More depth in my opinion. I think their third lines contribute more.

So indeed it will come down to whether McDrai can be super human. I’m going with Panthers in 7 but would be fine if Canada finally gets their first Cup since ‘93
Old 06-04-2024, 02:32 PM   #911
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Well I'll be darned. Really thought DAL was going to grind them down.

Congrats to EDM. Now, go get your Cup. LFG Oilers!!!
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.