Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 09:10 AM  
Starter

What type of Fantasy Football League do you Like?

I'm just curious of those of us who play fantasy, What is your favorite league setup and why? Also, is there anything different that your league does that typically isn't done?

(This thought was prompted by myself and a buddy talking about SuperFlex when I realized how popular SuperFlex is and how it's never really appealed to me at all, maybe I'm just not seeing the forest through the trees)

Personally, My favorite league is one that I commish with a group of my friends. It's a PPR Dynasty Salary Cap league with player contracts and an independent rookie draft annually.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLX, 1 K and 6 IDPs.
We even have a Restricted Free Agency Period, which I don't see many leagues do but helps keep involvement up in the offseason.

What about you guys?

Last edited by kcgreene; Today at 10:07 AM..
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 09:31 AM   #2

I'm commish of a half-PPR league that's been together for 27 years. We have a philosophy that QB should matter in football, so we have rules that ensure this, but we do it without going superflex.

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 Flex
1 K
1 D

By only having 1 RB and 1 flex, the impact of the QB is greater. We also do 1 point for 20 yards passing, and 6 points per TD pass. We all get to keep up to 4 players each year, with each player counting as a draft pick. (So if you keep 2 players, you lose your picks in rounds 1 and 2.)
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #3
My Mamma Says

I like the ones I can draft my favorite football player Patrick ****ing Mahomes…
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I'm commish of a half-PPR league that's been together for 27 years. We have a philosophy that QB should matter in football, so we have rules that ensure this, but we do it without going superflex.

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 Flex
1 K
1 D

By only having 1 RB and 1 flex, the impact of the QB is greater. We also do 1 point for 20 yards passing, and 6 points per TD pass. We all get to keep up to 4 players each year, with each player counting as a draft pick. (So if you keep 2 players, you lose your picks in rounds 1 and 2.)
That's interesting. We have Passing TDs bumped up to 5 points in the league I talked about previously in an attempt to make QB impact a bit more, but I feel like having a Pass TD worth 6 points would almost overvalue the QB. I haven't done the math or anything though so I'm probably wrong LOL.

That's a really unique set up. Higher points for QBs and 1 less RB. Intriguing. 12-Man League?
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #5
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
I like the ones I can draft my favorite football player Patrick ****ing Mahomes…
In our salary cap league, he goes for 40% of the cap. I'll be happy with Rice and Worthy in my lineup for cheap on their rookie contracts LOL.

Though in ReDraft Leagues, Mahomes has been a league winner twice for me so I understand the sentiment...

Plus, you know, he's the greatest ****ing player to ever live... that helps too.
Old Today, 10:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
That's interesting. We have Passing TDs bumped up to 5 points in the league I talked about previously in an attempt to make QB impact a bit more, but I feel like having a Pass TD worth 6 points would almost overvalue the QB. I haven't done the math or anything though so I'm probably wrong LOL.

That's a really unique set up. Higher points for QBs and 1 less RB. Intriguing. 12-Man League?
Yes, 12 teams. What I specifically like about the 6 point passing TDs and 1 point for 20 passing yards is that it shifts importance back to passing QBs. Whereas in many leagues the running QBs are all way overvalued compared to what they actually produce on the field.

As far as making QB too important, isn't that just kind of like the real NFL? In our fantasy drafts QB is still not valued as high as it is in the NFL. Top tier WRs and RBs come off the board the fastest, but unlike in other leagues QBs also go early. The "wait on QB" approach is usually a last resort. I actually drafted Mahomes in the 12th round his rookie year and held onto him all year so I could have him as a keeper the following year. (And still have him.)
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:10 AM   #7
In my youth i pray to keep

Honestly none. I've grown tired of FF. The only fun part is the draft and the rest of the season is a chore.

I need to quit playing
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:18 AM   #8
Starter

Quote:
Yes, 12 teams. What I specifically like about the 6 point passing TDs and 1 point for 20 passing yards is that it shifts importance back to passing QBs. Whereas in many leagues the running QBs are all way overvalued compared to what they actually produce on the field.
Very valid point. I think I really like that 1 point for 20 passing yards idea quite a bit, not gonna lie. I may try to put that up for a rule change next offseason. I really like the idea of making Passing Yards more valuable when you frame it like that.

Quote:
As far as making QB too important, isn't that just kind of like the real NFL? In our fantasy drafts QB is still not valued as high as it is in the NFL. Top tier WRs and RBs come off the board the fastest, but unlike in other leagues QBs also go early. The "wait on QB" approach is usually a last resort. I actually drafted Mahomes in the 12th round his rookie year and held onto him all year so I could have him as a keeper the following year. (And still have him.)
Also very valid. Maybe it's my preconceived notions on how Fantasy weighs RB and WRs vs QBs that makes it seem so different to me. And that was an amazing play on Mahomes. You locked up the best QB in football for his entire career in the 12th round of the draft. Beautiful.

I have 4 1st round rookie picks this year, and am hoping that Caleb (Who I intend to take with one of them) turns out to be a viable long term, cost-controlled solution for me at QB for the next 7 years. (Rookie contracts are 3 years in our league and you can extend them an additional four.)
Old Today, 10:23 AM   #9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Honestly none. I've grown tired of FF. The only fun part is the draft and the rest of the season is a chore.

I need to quit playing
Maybe your just playing the wrong format? I got my group together for this contract/salary cap format, some of whom were basically done with fantasy. I think the structure of the league being conducive to multiple off-season activities (We have a Restricted Free Agency, The Rookie Draft, a UDFA bidding window, etc) helps. But honestly, I think any league is only fun when you enjoy the people you're in the league with.

People are on the chat daily in ours, even in the offseason.
Old Today, 10:24 AM   #10
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post

I need to quit playing
Yeah, I think I quit when the Chiefs sucked and just lost interest in paying attention to the rest of the NFL. I did enjoy the salary cap dynasty league where we could keep a player or two most out of all the leagues I played in. Felt more like your team if you could keep some players.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:25 AM   #11
In Search of a Life

For big money leagues, I prefer 12 team standard scoring.

QB
RB1
RB2
WR1
WR2
TE
K
DEF
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:26 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
Yeah, I think I quit when the Chiefs sucked and just lost interest in paying attention to the rest of the NFL. I did enjoy the salary cap dynasty league where we could keep a player or two most out of all the leagues I played in. Felt more like your team if you could keep some players.
I think that's what has rejuvenated my interest. With contract options and such in my league, I get to be a Fantasy 'GM' LOL

The name of our league even is 'Brett Veach Simulator'

If I made one for the Planet here, it'd be the Bart Vatch Simulator of course hahaha
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #13
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
For big money leagues, I prefer 12 team standard scoring.

QB
RB1
WR2
TE
K
DEF
I can legit say I've never played Standard Scoring. First league I ever did was 0.5 PPR, and I just went further to 1pt PPR. Do you like Standard because of the emphasis on RB? Or do you think PPR overvalues WRs? Just curious.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #14

Ever played in a "Guillotine" league? I started one a few years back. You have 18 teams, and every week whomever puts up the lowest total score gets "chopped", and their season is over. It's been a really fun experience. Monday night there are usually multiple teams facing elimination and it is intense!
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Ever played in a "Guillotine" league? I started one a few years back. You have 18 teams, and every week whomever puts up the lowest total score gets "chopped", and their season is over. It's been a really fun experience. Monday night there are usually multiple teams facing elimination and it is intense!
I have not, but I can definitely see the appeal, though if you're one of the first teams out, you're literally just stuck with your dick in your hand the whole year LOL