Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: To which generation do you belong? (results anonymous)
Silent Generation (1928-45) 1 0.50%
Baby Boomers (1946-64) 51 25.37%
Generation X (1965-80) 88 43.78%
Millennials/Generation Y (1981-96) 59 29.35%
Zoomers/Generation Z (1997-2012) 2 1.00%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2024, 08:47 PM  
Repeal the 19th Amendment

Poll to sample CP members by generation

Please respond accordingly:
  • Silent Generation
    1928-45
  • Baby Boomers
    1946-64
  • Generation X
    1965-80
  • Millennials/Generation Y
    1981-96
  • Zoomers/Generation Z
    1997-2012

GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GeorgeZimZam must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:50 PM   #61
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I'm not sure I identify with the term Elder Millennial, but I just barely fit into the common definition of Millenial. I feel like Oregon Trail Generation fits me most accurately.
Same.
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:51 PM   #62
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

'60 here. I never liked being lumped in with the Boomers. Hell, my dad was all of 5 when the war ended.

As to my computer experience, I got my first taste in high school. It was writing programs in Basic using the teletype to the computer at the district offices. I still have a couple rolls of the punch tape with my programs.

Early 80's the first PCs started coming out and I wished I could afford one. I settled for a Radio Shack Color Computer hooked up to a tv. Fun times!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:56 PM   #63
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Our first color TV was a combo stereo record player/19" TV in a gigantic wood cabinet that was damn near as long as my car and nearly as heavy. By the time that came along we lived in town and had cable, so a few more channels and no more antenna madness.

And we had one of those phones with the ridiculously long twisty cord. And of course it was a rotary phone. God those sucked.
My parents bought one of those massive console TVs that had the TV in the middle and a phonograph on the left and a radio on the right, with huge built-in speakers. I think they just enjoyed spending money, because they never listened to the radio and, I am not kidding about this, they owned one record album. One.

We moved every year at least once and I was always the 10-year-old who had to lift half of that thing onto the moving truck.

Last edited by Rain Man; 05-16-2024 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: Typographical error required fixing.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:00 PM   #64
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My parents bought one of those massive console TVs that had the TV in the middle and a phonograph on the left and a radio on the right, with huge built-in speakers. I think they just enjoyed spending money, because they never listened to the radio and, I am not kiddjng about this, they owned one record album. One.

We moved every year at least once and I was always the 10-year-old who had to lift half of that thing onto the moving truck.
hell yes, it was a 'console TV,' thx for posting. That was going to drive me crazy all day, lol. Rep.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:00 PM   #65
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Boomer by definition (Dad was a WWII Vet), but Gen X by age (1967). All my siblings are Boomers
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:36 PM   #66
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
My parents bought one of those massive console TVs that had the TV in the middle and a phonograph on the left and a radio on the right, with huge built-in speakers. I think they just enjoyed spending money, because they never listened to the radio and, I am not kiddjng about this, they owned one record album. One.

My mom and dad bought a Zenith with a built-in telephone in 1982. It stopped working in 90 (tube went bad), Dad fixed it for about six months more of life, and then the tube died for good in 1991.

When we finally got them moved out of that house in May of last year, that piece of shit was still sitting in the same spot (in their very small 2-bedroom home).

My mom refused to get rid of it because “it was a nice piece of furniture and I paid a lot for it!” Despite it not working for 31 years at that point.

If Dad hadn’t died, she would have insisted on dragging that worthless hunk of trash to the new house, too.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:53 PM   #67
Starter

Gen X, and proud owner of a Verti-Bird, Lite Brite, Mattel Electric football (hand-held), Kenner SSp race cars, Mattel flying Aces aircraft carrier, table hockey, and many electric football and baseball games
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:54 PM   #68
MVP

I remember having cable as a kid and my uncle worked for the cable company. He installed some type of filter on our line that gave us all the free premium channels including paper view.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:55 PM   #69
On Hiatus

I had one of those Console TV"s....it sat in my basement until sold it to a guy who took out the TV and made it into a pretty cool stereo and record cabinet.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:57 PM   #70
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
I remember having cable as a kid and my uncle worked for the cable company. He installed some type of filter on our line that gave us all the free premium channels including paper view.
Paper view was Cinemax, yeah?
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:08 PM   #71
Don't Be A Dick

Please don’t sample my poll.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:20 PM   #72
In Search of a Life

I’m a millennial that sadly….acts like a boomer
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2024, 05:49 PM   #73
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
Paper view was Cinemax, yeah?
had my fair share of skinemax watchings late at night, my house was really small though
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:45 PM   #74
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Eh - chatboards are about our age range.

The old folk use the Facebooks, younger folks use Tik Tok.

Chatboards are a dying breed kept afloat by folks about 30-45 yrs old...
Grew up with chatboards. They are a dying breed, but I feel they're the last place you'll find truly unfiltered and (sometimes) thoughtful discussion on the internet. And this is coming from a Millennial.

Basically what I'm saying is CP is the final bastion of human intelligence and we must protect it at all costs.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-16-2024, 06:52 PM   #75
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Agreed. The poll should be Pre-Social Media and Post. That would be definitive.
agreed. With a disclaimer. DOS(an earliest non-mainframe language) was invented right after WWII. The numbering system for the internet around the same time. Although Alan Turing cracked the Germans enigma code and saved 14 million lives using the first card system. His thanks for all that…… since he was gay he had to be chemically casturated. True story.

I was in I.T. early. Very few were really using a home computer due to the cost. And the internet and surfing was not a part of our culture until broadband became more widely available.

Example cloud computing. AWS wasn’t even available til 2006. Wasn’t widely adopted until 2009. Microsoft’s cloud, Azure, came out in 2012 but it was 2015/2016 when it started to get widely used by business.

I see posts that say Window's 95 was the turning point. It was a lot cheaper than pc’s in that era and it started the home computing revolution but widely used by Americans didn’t start until home units went below $1000.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.